Tradescantia albiflora albo-vittata is a medium-sized hanging plant with attractive green and white striped leaves. Left to grow, it will form long stems which hang over the side of the pot. It is very fast to grow and easy to propagate using a propagation station, surviving a range of conditions making it very hardy and perfect for beginners.
- All plants come in a 10cm nursery pot which you can leave as is or plant into another pot - the choice is yours!
- We recommend Tradescantia Albiflora matching with one of our concrete plant pots. You can also check out our other indoor plants here.
- You will receive a product similar to the one pictured.
🪴 General care: Very Easy
- Tradescantia albiflora is one of the easiest indoor plants to grow. It is able to survive in a variety of conditions and is very difficult to kill so is great for beginners.
- This plant is very resilient and will quickly bounce back from any neglect.
💦 Water: Moderate
- Tradescantia albiflora likes a moderate amount of water. Water once or twice per week, allowing soil to dry slightly between waterings.
- The leaves will shrivel and close up when it doesn’t get enough water. However, too much water and the roots will rot and the stems will die off.
- In Summer, if it’s hot and getting a lot of light it will need watering more often, once a week depending on the size of the plant and pot. While, in Winter, the growth is slow and the temperature drops so water sparingly, once every fortnight.
☀️ Light: Bright Indirect
- Tradescantia albiflora likes mostly bright indirect lighting with a small amount of direct light in the morning being okay. If it doesn’t receive enough light the pattern and colours on the leaves will not be as vibrant.
- Too much light and the leaves will burn and become brown. It is possible to grow Tradescantia outdoors but in a sheltered position.
- Bright indirect sunlight will encourage faster growth and healthier colourful leaves whereas, not enough sun and the leaves and stems become pale. Too much sun and the leaves can burn and turn brown.
🌱 Growth: Fast-growing trailing plant
- It has green and white striped leaves coming off fleshy stems which have a trailing habit. If left to grow the stems will grow downwards to create a hanging plant or prune it to make a small bush-like plant.
- This plant prefers warmer humid areas but this is not necessary, however, they will grow faster in these conditions.
✂️ Maintenance: Medium
- This houseplant is low to medium-maintenance. Because of its rapid growth and trailing vines it may need to be pruned regularly which is simple enough.
- Make sure to save any trimmings as they can be used for propagation either in soil or water.
For more details read our full Tradescantia Albiflora Care here.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
- We currently ship nationwide in New Zealand with all orders tracked using NZ post couriers. Delivery times are usually 1-2 days for most places, however some may take 3-4 days. Please note that although we try to pack your orders as quickly as possible we have no control over any delays the courier might have.
- Once your order has been fulfilled you will recieve a confirmation email with a tracking number that has been assigned to your order.
- Delivery is free on orders over $150. We calculate shipping rate depending on location which you select at the checkout or see here.
- We carefully wrap all our products in 100% eco-friendly packaging from the tissue to the tape to the card. Everything is either recyclable, compostable or biodegradable.
If you are unhappy with your order please contact us through Instagram, Facebook, or email. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Please see our shipping policy here and our returns policy here. Alternatively, at the bottom of the site for more details.