Pink Bubbles Plant
Pink bubbles plant or Callisia Repens is a small creeping succulent plant with small green and pink leaves. Callisia Bubbles is very easy to grow and propagate. Great for hanging baskets and shelves if left as a trailing plant or trim regularly to keep compact.
This plant comes in a 12cm nursery pot which can be left as is or planted into another pot.
- We recommend matching with one of our plant pots. You can also check out our other indoor plants here.
- You will receive a Pink Bubbles Plant similar to the one pictured.
🪴 General care: Very easy
- A small creeping succulent plant originally from Central and South America. This variety has small green and pink leaves, some with variegation. It has a compact but creeping growth. Great for hanging baskets or on shelves or window sills.
- Pink bubbles plant is a very easy to care for, low maintenance plant. It can grow very rapidly and in a variety of conditions and hence is a great beginner plant.
💦 Water: Moderate
- Pink bubbles plant grows well with the soil slightly moist but make sure it is not sitting in water or it can rot.
- Water once per week, less often in Winter and more often in Summer.
- Also, make sure the soil is well draining because Pink bubbles plant is prone to rotting, so if in doubt, leave it for another week - it's very hard to kill from not enough water.
☀️ Light: Moderate
- Pink bubbles prefers more sunlight than a lot of other indoor plants.
- Bright indirect sunlight will make the plant grow faster and have more colour.
- Some direct light can also be beneficial. Too much light and the leaves will burn and turn brown. Not enough light and the growth will become pale and elongated.
- This variety of bubbles needs more sun than the standard variety to keep the leaves colourful and pink.
🌱 Growth: Fast-growing bush
- Pink bubbles plant grows very fast, depending on light conditions and temperature. It grows much faster in Summer and the growth rate slows a bit in Winter.
- Bubbles can grow in a variety of temperatures although a moderate temperature is best. Callisia can even be grown outdoors in a sheltered or shady position but protect from frost in cold areas.
- Standard home humidity is perfectly fine.
✂️ Maintenance: medium
- You will probably need to prune your plant at some point because of the rapid growth rate.
- Pink bubbles plant is extremely easy and fast to propagate. Simply take a healthy stem cutting from your plant about 5-10cm in length and place them into fresh soil. Another option is to place the cuttings in water and then transfer them to soil once they have grown roots. Using a Plant Propagation Station is ideal.
- Rotating the plant also ensures even growth and shape.
- You can also trim out the solid green growth to encourage the pink and variegated stems to grow.
For more details read our full Callisia Bubbles Care Guide here.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
- We currently ship nationwide in New Zealand with all orders tracked using NZ post couriers. Delivery times are usually 1-2 days for most places, however some may take 3-4 days. Please note that although we try to pack your orders as quickly as possible we have no control over any delays the courier might have.
- Once your order has been fulfilled you will recieve a confirmation email with a tracking number that has been assigned to your order.
- Delivery is free on orders over $150. We calculate shipping rate depending on location which you select at the checkout or see here.
- We carefully wrap all our products in 100% eco-friendly packaging from the tissue to the tape to the card. Everything is either recyclable, compostable or biodegradable.
If you are unhappy with your order please contact us through Instagram, Facebook, or email. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Please see our shipping policy here and our returns policy here. Alternatively, at the bottom of the site for more details.