Philodendron Brasil is a sought-after variety of philodendrons because of its beautifully coloured glossy leaves. It has medium heart-shaped leaves with various patterns of dark and light green. This plant grows long, thin vines which create a dramatic hanging plant. This plant is perfect for windowsills or shelves!
- Philodendron Brasil comes in a 12cm biodegradable pot which is stable and can be left as is or planted into another pot - the choice is yours.
- We recommend matching with one of our concrete plant pots. You can also check out our other indoor plants here.
- You will receive a Philodendron Brasil similar to the one pictured.
🪴 General Care: Easy
- Philodendron Brasil is an indoor plant that comes from South East Asia and the Solomon Islands. It has small to medium patterned heart-shaped leaves and a trailing or bushy habit.
- Philodendron Brasil can survive in a variety of conditions and are known to be hard to kill. For best results Philodendron Brasil likes bright to medium indirect light and moderate water. Warm temperatures and humidity make the plant grow faster but are not necessary.
💦 Water: Moderate
- Philodendron Brasil requires a moderate amount of water. If you over water the roots have a tendency to rot so let the soil dry out between waterings. It can tolerate under watering better than over watering.
- On average once per week depending on the size of the plant. Increase watering in summer.
☀️ Light: bright indirect
- Philodendron Brasil plants thrive in bright indirect light. They can also survive in low light areas but will be slower growing and can lose their variegation patterns on the leaves.
- If there is too much light or direct light the leaves can burn and damage the plant whereas not enough sun and the leaves will not be as colourful.
🌱 Growth: average growing vine
- Philodendron Brasil grows at moderate rate and will grow much faster in favourable conditions. Such as bright light and warmer temperatures.
- Like other philodendrons, it is a trailing vine that can be either grown down from a shelf or hanging basket or grown upwards on a structure.
✂️ Maintenance: Low
- Due to its vining nature, trim Philodendron Brasil occasionally, depending on how you want your plan to grow.
- Keep the trimmings to use as cuttings for propagation in either soil or water.
For more details read our full Philodendron Brasil Care Guide here.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
- We currently ship nationwide in New Zealand with all orders tracked using NZ post couriers. Delivery times are usually 1-2 days for most places, however some may take 3-4 days. Please note that although we try to pack your orders as quickly as possible we have no control over any delays the courier might have.
- Once your order has been fulfilled you will recieve a confirmation email with a tracking number that has been assigned to your order.
- Delivery is free on orders over $150. We calculate shipping rate depending on location which you select at the checkout or see here.
- We carefully wrap all our products in 100% eco-friendly packaging from the tissue to the tape to the card. Everything is either recyclable, compostable or biodegradable.
If you are unhappy with your order please contact us through Instagram, Facebook, or email. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Please see our shipping policy here and our returns policy here. Alternatively, at the bottom of the site for more details.