Monstera plant is easy to grow and starts off small but can grow very large. It has large dark green leaves and often sends off ariel roots from the stems which look awesome.
- This plant come in an 12cm biodegradable pot which is stable and can be left as is or planted into another pot - the choice is yours.
- We recommend matching with one of our concrete plant pots, you can also checkout our other indoor plants here.
- You will receive a Monstera plant similar to the one pictured.
🪴 General care: Easy
- Monstera Plant is very easy to care for. Being very adaptable to light and water makes it one of the great indoor plants for beginners. Bright light and infrequent waterings are key for a healthy plant.
💦 Water: Moderate
- In general, water Monstera Plant once per week, allowing to dry slightly each time. A good way to check if they need water is with a Sustee Soil Mositure Meter.
- In Summer, if it’s hot and getting a lot of light it will need watering more often, once or twice a week depending on the size of the plant and pot. While, in Winter, the growth is slow and the temperature drops so water sparingly, once every fortnight.
- The plant should not be sitting in a pool of water so, make sure to drain excess water.
☀️ Light: Moderate
- Being able to grow in both dark and light conditions makes Monstera Plant very versatile in terms of light requirements. For best growth however, a Monstera likes bright indirect light, some direct light in the morning is okay.
- Bright indirect sunlight will encourage faster growth and healthier leaves whereas, not enough sun and the leaves and stems become pale and elongated, too much direct sun and the leaves can burn and turn brown.
- New leaves will grow and face towards the light so you can rotate them to get an even shape.
🌱 Growth: Large vine
- Monstera Plant (or Swiss Cheese Plant for some) grows moderate to slow, depending on light conditions and temperature. It grows much faster in warm and humid areas which mimic its natural rainforest environment.
- This plant starts off as a small shrub-like plant but when it grows it becomes a large vine which can either be supported to grow up wards or left to trail along out over the pot. In addition, the leaves develop elegant holes and openings (fenestrations) as the plant gets older.
- A common thing with Monsteras are the ariel roots which extend from the stem - these roots can be left or be fed into a jar of water to give the plant an extra boost.
✂️ Maintenance: Low
- This houseplant is relatively low-maintenance, some pruning and repotting may be necessary but not often. For easy watering while you're away or just if you need an extra hand, check out our Plant Self-Watering System.
- Monstera plant can collect dust on the large leaves which you can wipe periodically to help the plant.
- Make sure to remove any dead or old leaves as it grows to keep them looking fresh.
For more information, you can read our Monstera Deliciosa Care Guide here.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
- We currently ship nationwide in New Zealand with all orders tracked using NZ post couriers. Delivery times are usually 1-2 days for most places, however some may take 3-4 days. Please note that although we try to pack your orders as quickly as possible we have no control over any delays the courier might have.
- Once your order has been fulfilled you will recieve a confirmation email with a tracking number that has been assigned to your order.
- Delivery is free on orders over $150. We calculate shipping rate depending on location which you select at the checkout or see here.
- We carefully wrap all our products in 100% eco-friendly packaging from the tissue to the tape to the card. Everything is either recyclable, compostable or biodegradable.
If you are unhappy with your order please contact us through Instagram, Facebook, or email. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Please see our shipping policy here and our returns policy here. Alternatively, at the bottom of the site for more details.