Cacti are succulent-like plants with colourful swollen bases and long attractive spikes. Very easy to grow and adaptable to various conditions, although it is sensitive to too much water, well-draining soil is essential.
- This plant comes in an 8cm biodegradable pot which is stable and can be left as is or planted into another pot - the choice is yours.
- We recommend matching this Cactus with one of our ceramic plant pots and you can also check out our other indoor plants here.
- You will receive a Cactus similar to the one pictured.
🪴 General care: Easy
- Cactus plants are very easy to care for. Being very adaptable to light and tolerance for no water makes it one of the great indoor plants for beginners. Bright light and infrequent waterings are key for a healthy plant.
- Another benefit is that cactus plants don't need a big pot or to be repotted often due to the small root structure - easy!
💦 Water: Infrequent
- Because it is a succulent-like plant that has adapted to dry conditions, Cactus does not require frequent waterings, with a large swollen base which retain a lot of water and nutrients. So make sure to let the soil dry out completely before watering again.
- In Summer, if it’s hot and getting a lot of light it will need watering more often, depending on the size of the plant and pot. While, in Winter, the growth is slow and the temperature drops so water sparingly, once every fortnight.
- Also, make sure the soil is well draining because Cactus plants are prone to rotting, so if in doubt, leave it for another week - it's very hard to kill from not enough water.
☀️ Light: Moderate-High
- Coming from the desert, Cacti have adapted to high light conditions. If indoors, place your cactus somewhere that receives a lot of light such as a windowsill. Lots of bright light is essential for a healthy plant.
- They can also be grown outdoors if protected from the rain and cold weather.
🌱 Growth: Slow-growing succulent
- Cactus plants grow slowly even in ideal conditions.
- This plant prefers warmer areas but this is not necessary. However, they should be protected from very low temperatures and draughts.
- No special requirements for humidity are needed, they will grow in standard home humidity.
✂️ Maintenance: Low
- This houseplant is low-maintenance due to it not having any leaves and growing very slowly. Repotting and fertilising is rarely needed.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
- We currently ship nationwide in New Zealand with all orders tracked using NZ post couriers. Delivery times are usually 1-2 days for most places, however some may take 3-4 days. Please note that although we try to pack your orders as quickly as possible we have no control over any delays the courier might have.
- Once your order has been fulfilled you will recieve a confirmation email with a tracking number that has been assigned to your order.
- Delivery is free on orders over $150. We calculate shipping rate depending on location which you select at the checkout or see here.
- We carefully wrap all our products in 100% eco-friendly packaging from the tissue to the tape to the card. Everything is either recyclable, compostable or biodegradable.
If you are unhappy with your order please contact us through Instagram, Facebook, or email. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Please see our shipping policy here and our returns policy here. Alternatively, at the bottom of the site for more details.